Feb 28, 2013
11 bit studios have officially announced Anomaly 2, the sequel to the award-winning strategy game, Anomaly Warzone Earth. The game promises to be a great improvement over its predecessor aiming to deliver a hardcore real-time strategy experience with exceptional tactical variety, intense multiplayer and remarkable visuals.
Maintaining the core concepts of the original – tactical planning and the on-field Commander to support troops in combat – Anomaly 2 introduces a number of important new features:
- Morph your troops into war mechs to discover the new face of strategy: each unit has a different mech form with various abilities to help you overcome specific combat situations.
- Engage in a multiplayer experience unique to Anomaly 2: tower defense vs. tower offense. Play as the towers and destroy the humans or lead the humans to annihilate the alien towers.
- Fight across a post-apocalyptic world in a new single-player campaign that offers a more intense strategy experience than the acclaimed original.
- Carve your own path to victory and create your ultimate battle squad. With more than a million tactical combinations to build your squad, your options in combat are nearly endless.
- Dive into a beautifully rendered world, thanks to the team’s new and improved visual engine.
- Experience alternative endings dependent upon your approach to enemy machines in the campaign.
Anomaly 2 is coming to PC, Mac and Linux in Q2 2013 for $14.99.