Interwave, the creators of the acclaimed FPS/RTS hybrid Nuclear Dawn have just announced that Dark Matter, a 2.5D survival horror game inspired by Metroid, Castlevania, Resident Evil and Silent Hill, is now on Valve’s Greenlight service waiting for the community to vote for it and make the game happen on the Steam platform.
Dark Matter is at heart a platformer where you play as the Ensign, explore haunted hallways and facilities, scavenge for parts and blueprints, expand your arsenal to six deadly weapons and freely customize each to fit your combat style against intelligent, reactive enemies. The game aims to deliver a hard-hitting take of survival horror in deep space, with a heavy emphasis on tactical combat and exploration.
Some of the game’s key features are,
- 5 major chapters in an epic tale of deep space survival
- 6 weapons and 5 ammo types, along with weapon and armour upgrades
- Collect scrap and alien resources to craft your own tools and health packs
- Invest in the weapons and upgrades you prefer, develop your own combat techniques
- Complex enemy AI that reacts to the player’s actions and tactics
- Non-linear exploration and storytelling
- Elemental ammo effects that allow you to freeze, dissolve, electrocute or set fire to your
- Light and darkness are integral parts of gameplay, not just visual touches
- Uncompromisingly real-time lights and shadow casting for spine-tingling moments of pure,
- Clean, hand-painted textures and custom shading techniques are combined in a unique
- Dynamic soundtrack that adapts to gameplay circumstances
- SteamCloud support and Steam Achievements
- Dark Matter will fully embrace Steamplay for Windows, OSX and Linux
You can give your positive vote for Dark Matter over here. If you want to lean more about the game you can find more info at www.darkmatterthegame.com and https://www.facebook.com/darkmattergame and make sure to follow Gameconnect as in the next couple of days we’ll interview Interwave about their upcoming gem.