Home >> Forums >> Nuclear Dawn >> General Discussion >> Nuclear Dawn Update 6.9.1

• Author
    Michiel
    Michiel
    Admin

We will release an update for Nuclear Dawn today that will bring it to version 6.9.1.

This is a bug fix release:

– Fixed issue causing all players to be one rank higher than they should be.

– Fixed Advanced Kits not being selectable in UI when only unlocked via player upgrades.

– Player upgrades panel now caps available points displayed at number of upgrades available.

– Fixed some player upgrades triggering others to unlock.

– Added missing files causing player upgrade notification to not display.

– Severely reduced delay in round xp updates.

– Fixed Hammer startup issue.

Psychonic

This is now live.

Tallahassee

Good work guys!

IW for most dedicated team of devs of the year!

By the way, I just went in for a quick test and it seems the leveling display on the scoreboard is bugged again.

I played a skirmish game on Gameconnect EU 2/2 and it showed my level was 56 while I got a bit over 1M total XP (lvl 80 usually). Also, a level 56 named Gotthic got his level boosted to 120.

I'm all for level cap upgrades, but this seems like a bug to me 🙂

EDIT: Asked another guy for more info, and a level 72 was now 104. He had 252K Xp.

Also, I joined another server where “…” was replacing the level number. Free screenshot!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198036936180/screenshot/1099143090339732738

Psychonic
    Tallahassee wrote:
    Good work guys!

IW for most dedicated team of devs of the year!

By the way, I just went in for a quick test and it seems the leveling display on the scoreboard is bugged again.

I played a skirmish game on Gameconnect EU 2/2 and it showed my level was 56 while I got a bit over 1M total XP (lvl 80 usually). Also, a level 56 named Gotthic got his level boosted to 120.

I'm all for level cap upgrades, but this seems like a bug to me 🙂

EDIT: Asked another guy for more info, and a level 72 was now 104. He had 252K Xp.

Also, I joined another server where “…” was replacing the level number. Free screenshot!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198036936180/screenshot/1099143090339732738

That is not intended. We're looking to track it down now and provide a quick fix.

Psychonic
    “Nicholas (psychonic)” wrote:
    That is not intended. We're looking to track it down now and provide a quick fix.

A hotfix for this is now available. It is a serverside issue so server ops will have to update again to grab it.

Note that it was only a display issue related to the scoreboard. For all other purposes, the correct rank was being used.

Michiel
    Michiel
    Admin

Nice work.

Forest map still MIA?

Psychonic
    Tontow wrote:
    Forest map still MIA?

Yes, for now.

Tallahassee

Tested the hotfix on Cha0s server and it works.

Awesome response time.

Michiel
    Michiel
    Admin

All hail the Interwave!

Michiel
    Michiel
    Admin

The extra map Coast is planned for 6.9.2 people :)  A couple of weeks from now.

Michiel
    Michiel
    Admin

ND is still getting updates after all this time? I thought you wanted to drop support since long ago. Also have you tried to do something in UDK? Models and such would look much nicer than on Source.

Tallahassee
    RaTcHeT302 wrote:
    ND is still getting updates after all this time? I thought you wanted to drop support since long ago. Also have you tried to do something in UDK? Models and such would look much nicer than on Source.

A friend of mine told me Unreal was a pain to code. Plus, maybe doing so might damage the special relationship they have with Valve.

But from what I see, many, many games are using this engine and it doesn't look bad.

Also, like I said, IW is the most dedicated team of indie devs I have seen. I'm definitely looking foward Dark Matter. Especially for its interactive music usage (changing depending on the environment). From what I heard so far, the soundtrack of this game will be great.

Michiel
    Michiel
    Admin

I honestly think that this game would have success on a more advanced engine. On Source they have too many limits for what they aimed to do…

Michiel
    Michiel
    Admin

Thanks for the quick response and fixes for this and other issues.

I can't wait for a new map though I love almost all of them.

Also I think the Source engine does well. I have a laptop and play on medium settings very well. I have purchased/downloaded other newer games that get attrocious frame rates even on low settings with other engines. Unreal engine with older games work great. UT3 was ok but again still very taxing on a system. I love nice graphics but gameplay is what keeps me playing it. Unreal games sadly have less time from me than say a good number of source games.

Granted I have also played at least once Source based game that did not play very well at all. Such as Firearms: Source. Great idea,  but it also had poor performance for an engine that works well for many games.

Any case, it shows how well a good optimized engine can be ruined or in ND case, used very effectively.

Has anyone had a issue with Hammer crashing when you go to the model browser?

Michiel
    Michiel
    Admin
    SteventheSlayer wrote:
    Has anyone had a issue with Hammer crashing when you go to the model browser?

When you use the keyboard arrow keys to navigate? Yep.

stickz

any update on the steam workshop support for servers?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.