As of today all players on all systems will be able to check the new Panorama overhaul for CS:GO. This visual overhaul is the most substantial change to the look and feel of CS:GO since the game was released in 2012.
From the Main Menu to the Scoreboard, the entire experience of interacting with the game has been updated:
Today Valve is also launching the Horizon Case, featuring 17 new community weapon finishes, along with four new knives.
Changelog for this update:
– Panorama UI is now active by default for users on all supported operating systems.
– For a limited transition time users can opt into backwards compatibility mode by adding -scaleform launch option.
– Planted C4 will now emit a different beeping sound when planted at bombsite B.
– Molotovs and incendiary grenades will now consistently deal impact damage to match other grenades.
– Players using the CS:GO Perfect World launcher now have fully localized voice audio.
– Community servers now allow connections from players using the CS:GO Perfect World launcher and other launchers.
– Added the Horizon Case, featuring 17 new community weapon finishes and 4 brand new knives.
– Fixed halftime and team selection music to respect main menu music volume settings.
– Lobby voice chat will now duck main menu music volume for the duration of voice chat.
– Fixed ability to borrow music kits and added a button to stop borrowing music kits.
– Fixed a bug that caused old invites to be re-sent when returning to lobby from a competitive match.
– Friends rich presence in-game now displays the competitive match score first.
– Added chat messages for players receiving competitive cooldowns, reports, and commendations.
– Multiple fixes for IME support and text entry focus with IME.
– Updated lobby chat to show more messages.
– Fixed Lobby chat layouts for 4×3 and 5×4 aspect ratios.
– Fixed end of match rank display showing incorrect text for 40+ level ranks.
– Fixed reconnect panel layouts for 4×3 and 5×4 aspect ratios.
– Fixed scoreboard layout in war game modes.
– Improved visual separation of observers in the scoreboard.
– Fixed the spectator round timer sometimes getting stuck red.
– Fixed missing kill feed icons.
– Fixed radar and map overviews for workshop maps that don’t have a manifest file with radar data.
– Fixed workshop maps selection screen in Wingman mode.
– Impact kills with molotovs and incendiary grenades now display an icon in the kill feed.
– Fixed various mistakes on the new radar map overviews (thanks Yesber).
– Added fallback parameters to Overpass water material to fix stale reflection data.
– Added rare inspect animation to Desert Eagle.
– Miscellaneous stability and security fixes.
If you haven’t already tried it out, jump into a game and see what’s new!