Menu: Home | Fact Sheet | Background | Timeline | Factions | Awards and Reviews
Nuclear Dawn is a Source engine based Multiplayer game that combines the visceral action of a First Person Shooter with the deep branching gameplay of a Real Time Strategy title.Forge your own destiny on the field of battle with every tactical decision, and ensure your faction’s survival with each headshot, capture buildings and bring the fight to your enemies’ strongholds riding the future’s machines of destruction.
Exploit the terrain and resource point locations to block your enemies’ tactical advance, and crush their plans in an iron fist. Research and implement new technology to give your soldiers the edge on the battlefield, and set up forward bases to lead the assault on your enemies, with full defensive and offensive structures to choose from and upgrade to build your perfect fortress.The world has changed, it has been swept clean by the winds of change. Do you think you can survive it?
Nuclear Dawn offers a full FPS and RTS experience in a single game.
Play as a soldier in a war-torn post-apocalyptic landscape, modelled on modern cities, and take the fight to your enemies as armoured, assault or stealth infantry, using various weapons and loadouts to accomplish your objectives. The first person shooter action in Nuclear Dawn is hard, fast and unforgiving, with weapons that rely on skill and tactics more than on twitch reflexes and map memorization.
Learn your roles, the strengths and weaknesses of each class, and use them to their fullest to lay waste to your enemies, in specially designed environments that force you to exploit terrain and cover to stand a chance in tomorrow’s war.
Then, take Nuclear Dawn above the action, and play as the commander. Organize your fellow players in squads, and assign them to tactical objectives. Plan the resource routes for your army, and production of your structures for forward deployment.
Exploit the terrain and resource point locations to block your enemies’ tactical advance, and crush their plans in an iron fist. Research and implement new technology to give your soldiers the edge on the battlefield, and set up forward bases to lead the assault on your enemies, with full defensive and offensive structures to choose from and upgrade to build your perfect fortress. The world has changed, it has been swept clean by the winds of change. Do you think you can survive it?
- Two factions: The Empire and the Consortium have completely separate base-building paradigms.
- RTS commander: Produce structures, research advanced technologies, unleash devastating strikes on the enemy, and lead your team to victory as a RTS commander.
- Four classes: Each faction has four classes with various kit load outs, totalling over three dozen weapons.
- Squad up: Squad-based 32 player full warfare battle mode.
- Six maps: Travel across the largest, most detailed maps built in Source multiplayer to date.
- Advanced Weaponry: As a commander, judiciously dispense healing to your troops, and death to their enemies, by managing your advanced abilities.
- Stats and Unlocks: 60 ranks, 12 unlocks for each weapon, achievements, gizmos and more.
- SDK: Nuclear Dawn Software Development Kit will be available for the community to be able to create custom maps, etc.
- Source Powered: Based on the L4D2 engine and modified to bring you the ultimate online battle experience.
- Steam Powered: Available for both Mac and PC through Steamplay with Steam Cloud support.
History and InterWave Studios
Nuclear Dawn was created by InterWave Studios, part of TechConnect Holding in 2011. The company no longer exists, but Nuclear Dawn is still getting small updates and bits of support from the GameConnect community and it’s developers. The Game is still available on Steam and is being played daily by lots of community members.
Original Development Team for Nuclear Dawn (Alphabetical Order):
Russ Briggeman Jr.
Rense de Boer
Alan de Klein
Robbert van der Lee
Alan van Ryzin
Jeroen van Werkhoven
Marcel van Werkhoven
The Main music theme of Nuclear Dawn can be found on Spotify over here.
Wallpapers and Extra’s