The CS:GO team at Valve has been working hard on a new update that brings an interesting option to reduce CPU usage. You can simply add -d3d9ex as a launch option for the game and it will fix that part. Furthermore there now is an option to mute the enemy team (for very annoying gamers) and/or block everyone for communication except those in your friends list.
The full changelog can be found below:
– Added an optional -d3d9ex command line switch to reduce CPU memory use by about 40%. If you encounter graphics problems with this feature, please send an email to [email protected] with the subject “D3D9EX”.
– Added communication options in Game Settings which allow the following:
— Mute enemy team
— Block communication from everyone except players you are friends with or players in your matchmaking party
— Hide avatar images
— Change names of players not on your friends list to something neutral
– Katowice 2019 comes to a close: Champions and Legends have been engraved on the trophies, and the Katowice 2019 graffiti can no longer be applied in game.
– Increased the voting time on official servers before transitioning to the next map.
– Fixed a scoreboard case where a player’s rank icons sometimes didn’t get removed when the player was replaced with a bot.