Share Play, YouTube integration, Themes and USB Music Player are among the additions of the brand new system update version 2.0 for the Playstation 4, released today.
PS4 system software v2.0, codenamed Masamune, is making its arrival today and this update adds some very cool, forward-looking features like Share Play and addresses some of the most highly requested features from the community including YouTube integration, music player, ability to find players you may know, sorting options for PS4′s game library, and themes that change the look of your home screen.
Here’s a recap of some top features you can expect with Masamune:
- Share Play: PlayStation 4 will create an online local co-op experience by allowing you to invite a friend to join your game – even when they don’t own a copy of it.
- YouTube: A dedicated app for YouTube is coming with v2.0, along with the ability to upload gameplay highlights directly from PS4 to YouTube by clicking the ‘Share’ button on DUALSHOCK 4. Be sure to check the PlayStation Store to download the YouTube app.
- Themes and colours: Personalise your home screen background with select themes and colors.
- Live broadcasting enhancements: Search filters, archived broadcast support and more have been added to Live from PlayStation
- Content Area and Library: Find and access your content quicker with a redesigned Content Area and improved filter and sort functions for the PS4 Library.
- USB Music Player*: Insert USB memory with music in your PS4 and start playing your favourite tunes in the background.
- Players you may know: Get suggestions for gamers you may know in the ‘What’s New’ section
PS VITA and PS TV update
Also available today is a new system software update (v3.35) for PS Vita and PS TV, which includes four-player Remote Play support for PS TV, as well as the Live from PlayStation app, which allows you watch game streams from PS4 on both your PS Vita and PS TV devices. A full features list and instructions for updating PS Vita and PS TV can be found here after the update goes live.
PS App Update
Lastly, don’t forget to update your PlayStation App on your mobile devices to the latest version. The new 2.0 update will include a redesigned home screen, and a new layout for tablets.