Electronic Arts has announced that the Battlefield 4 beta will be going live in early October. The beta is exclusive to Battlefield 3 Premium subscribers, gamers who preordered Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe and owners of Medal of Honor Warfighter Digital Deluxe and Medal of Honor Warfighter Limited Edition. Following that, DICE will host an open beta for all gamers worldwide and will feature the Siege of Shanghai map on the popular Conquest mode. Players will experience the next level of all-out warfare with a new design concept called Levolution, which creates a dynamic environment that reacts to the player’s every move to ensure no two games are alike.
DICE also revealed the 5 DLC packs that will be a part of the Premium membership, and their launch windows:
- Battlefield 4 Second Assault – Includes four fan-favoriteBattlefield 3 maps now re-imagined with the power of Frostbite 3. Available first on Xbox One.
- Battlefield 4 China Rising – Players fight for dominance across the vast and majestic Chinese mainland. Available December 2013.
- Battlefield 4 Naval Strike – Experience dynamic ocean combat as the Chinese armada takes the fight to the sea. Available Spring 2014
- Battlefield 4 Dragon’s Teeth – The US strikes back engaging in all-out urban warfare. Available Summer 2014.
- Battlefield 4 Final Stand – Bring the war to its epic conclusion. Available Summer 2014.
Battlefield 4 will be available October 29 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. Battlefield 4 will also be available for Xbox One, and the PlayStation 4 at a later date. Battlefield 4 Premium will be available on these platforms. All owners of Battlefield 4 will be able to bring their gameplay stats from the Xbox 360 to Xbox One and from the PlayStation 3 to PlayStation 4. Battlefield 4 Premium membership will also be transferrable.