Projectile Entertainment’s Momentum is now on Kickstarter seeking $11,500 from fans of physics-driven gameplay and original design. Created by Kelly Harper and Isaac Harper, Momentum is a physics-based platformer that allows players to manipulate 3D labyrinths high above the ground in a stunning mix of twitch gameplay and spatial awareness.
Expertly modeled with striking “tracks” akin to a 3D rollercoaster and top-notch sphere animation/texturing, Momentum successfully balances challenging gameplay with a relaxing mood—thanks to a soothing, Zen-like electronic soundtrack. Players race against the clock to maneuver a sphere to its destination, making use of gravity and momentum to navigate each track. One mistake is all it takes: Lose control, and watch the sphere disintegrate into a million tiny pieces!
Momentum is also on Steam Greenlight. With a large majority of “yes” votes, the game is 10% of the way toward the “Top 100” and has been included in two collections so far. Momentum’s Kickstarter campaign will end on Wednesday, Dec. 3 at 8:52 a.m. PST / 11:52 a.m. EST.
“Momentum is a paradoxical game in many ways,” says Kelly Harper, founder of Projectile Entertainment. “It can be quite difficult, but never unfair. It requires a gamepad for precise control, but it’s on PC, Mac and Linux (at least for now). It challenges players, yet it leads to a feeling of inner peace. We can’t wait to read everyone’s impressions after they play the demo!”
· Manipulate labyrinths: Master gravity to guide your sphere to its destination.
· Balance speed with caution: Race against the clock, but beware: The road ahead is treacherous.
· Achieve a state of Zen: Let the music be your guide. Master the game, and master yourself.
· Unlock unique skins: Customize your sphere with a variety of skins, including an awesome hamster ball.
· Play your own way: Quick and dirty or carefully confident; it doesn’t matter as long as the sphere survives the journey. Use wit and skill to find the quickest paths while avoiding certain death.
There is also a demo available which you can access from here.